Thursday, July 17, 2008

Today's Turning Point with David Jeremiah

edevo_header_08_2


Thursday, July 17

The Forgivable Sin

I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord," and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
Psalm 32:5

Recommended Reading
Luke 18:9-14

There is an "unforgivable sin" mentioned in the Bible by Christ himself (Mark 3:29). It seems to have involved the Pharisees attributing Jesus' miracle power to Satan rather than to the Holy Spirit (Mark 3:22). Indeed, that is a serious infraction. Could it be committed today? Possibly—but it's (hopefully) not a sin that a Christian needs to worry about.

Strangely, Christians often think they have committed an "unforgivable sin." Not the one Christ referenced, but one of their own making. Even though the New Testament epistles mention no sin that is unforgivable, many believers live in a permanent state of guilt and shame over something(s) they have done: "What I did was awful. I'm so embarrassed and ashamed. I don't see how God could ever forgive me." They're convinced they will spend the rest of their life on earth being forgiven for everything except "that." But the New Testament says the only sins we haven't been forgiven for are the ones we haven't confessed (1 John 1:9).

Transforming your sin from unforgivable to forgiven is simply a matter of asking and receiving.

The glory of Christianity is to conquer by forgiveness.
William Blake

Read-Thru-the-Bible
Isaiah 9:1 - 13:22

edevo_footer_08_2
Click here to view this message as HTML in your browser. Click here to forward this message.
Click here to change your email preferences.

No comments: