Thursday, July 10, 2008

Today's Turning Point with David Jeremiah

edevo_header_08_2


Thursday, July 10

Don't Be Discouraged

I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
1 Corinthians 3:6

Recommended Reading
1 Corinthians 3:5-11

Sometimes we think that God wants us to begin and complete some great task for Him, but often we are links in the chain. We don't always see the fruitfulness of our work for Him, or perhaps we're given the joy of harvesting the crop that others have planted.

In his book, The Patented Preacher, about preaching and worship, Warren Wiersbe wrote, "I learned very early in my ministry that I was not an evangelist. Although I've seen people come to Christ through my ministry, I've always felt I was a failure when it came to evangelism. One of the few benefits of growing older is a better perspective. Now I'm learning that my teaching and writing ministries have enabled others to lead people to Christ, so my labors have not been in vain. But I've had my hours of discouragement and the feeling of failure."

God has promised to complete His work in us (Philippians 1:6); but His work through us is a different matter. Sometimes we plant, sometimes we water, sometimes we harvest. We're seldom able to do all three, but we labor in the confidence that God will give the increase.

God gives us the spiritual gifts He wants us to have; He puts us in the places He wants us to serve; and He gives the blessings He wants us to enjoy.
Warren Wiersbe

Read-Thru-the-Bible
Proverbs 30:1 - Ecclesiastes 1:18

edevo_footer_08_2
Click here to view this message as HTML in your browser. Click here to forward this message.
Click here to change your email preferences.

No comments: